90 Day Notice Account
Putting your reserves to work
The CAF 90 Day Notice Account is a deposit account provided by
Scottish Widows Bank.
Designed specifically for charities, it's a great way to make
your funds work harder when you don't need instant access to
This summary is designed to give information to help you compare the account with other savings products. It is not intended to replace any terms and conditions that apply to the account.
||CAF 90 Day Notice Account
|What is the interest rate?
||The interest rate is variable. The current annual rate is shown in the table below.
- You can select your interest to be paid monthly, quarterly or annually on the account.
- Monthly interest payments are only available on balances of at least £50,000.
- Interest is calculated on your daily balance.
- Interest can be paid to this account or, providing the account balance is above £2,500, transferred to your nominated UK account which is identified on your application form.
|Can Scottish Widows Bank change the rate?
||Yes. We can move the interest rate up or down at any time. The terms and conditions explain how and when we will do this.
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £10,000 deposit?
An illustration of the future balance is shown below.
||Balance at 12 months
This is an illustrative example assuming that:
- You don't withdraw or deposit any additional money.
- The interest rate stays the same and is paid annually.
- Interest is calculated on a cleared deposit for a full 12 months.
|How do I open and manage my account?
- You can open an account by printing our online application form and posting it to Savings and Investment Services, CAF Financial Solutions Limited, 25 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4TA.
- The product is only available to charitable organisations***.
- The minimum initial deposit is £10,000.
- The minimum account balance is £500.
- Additional payments into the account must be at least £100.
- The account cannot have a balance of more than £5,000,000.
- You can manage the account by telephone or by post.
- You may set up a direct debit from your nominated UK account to pay into the account each calendar month or send a cheque drawn on your UK current account identified on your application form.
|Can I withdraw money?
- Yes, you can make withdrawals from this account to your nominated UK account identified on your application form.
- Individual withdrawals must be at least £100 and require 90 days notice to be given by post or by telephone.
- If you ask us to withdraw from or close the account with less than 90 days notice and we agree, we will deduct the equivalent of 90 days Gross* interest on the amount withdrawn.
- You can close this account at any time with the required 90 days notice.
- There is a 14 day cancellation period from account opening date during which the account can be closed without any charge.
- Interest is paid Gross*.
- Please read this summary in conjunction with the CAF 90 Day Notice Account terms and conditions.
Put your money to work:
means that interest will be paid without any deduction of tax. You are responsible for paying any tax due to HMRC.
stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
means organisations that are (a) registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland or (b) recognised by HMRC to have charitable status in the UK.
This product is promoted by CAF
Financial Solutions Ltd and provided by Scottish Widows Bank plc.
CAF Financial Solutions Limited (CFSL) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office is 25 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4TA. Registered under number 2771873. CFSL is a subsidiary of Charities Aid Foundation (registered charity number 268369).
All CAF Financial Solution's profits
(after tax) are transferred to CAF and used to benefit the third
sector in accordance with its charitable objectives. This amount
will not affect your own savings balance or the interest payment
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Your eligible deposits with Scottish Widows Bank plc are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. This limit is applied to the total of any deposits you have with the following: Scottish Widows Bank. Some savings accounts under the Charities Aid Foundation brand name are also deposits with Scottish Widows Bank plc. Any total deposits you hold above the limit between these brands are unlikely to be covered.
Please click How FSCS protects your money for further information or visit www.fscs.org.uk.