Instant access charity savings account
Save more, get more with
CAF Gold gives you instant access to your charity savings.
The easiest way to access your money is by operating this
account alongside a CAF Cash Account and transferring funds between
the two online or by telephone.
Online banking allows
you to view and manage your account 24 hours a day. You can also
access a wide branch network for paying money in conveniently with
cheques/cash through any branch of HSBC or the
counter service at any Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) branch in
This summary is designed to give information to help you compare the account with other savings products. It is not intended to replace any terms and conditions that apply to the account.
||CAF Gold Account
|What is the interest rate?
||Gross* / AER**
- Interest is calculated on your daily balance.
- Interest can be paid quarterly to this account or to your nominated UK account which is identified on your application form.
|Can CAF Bank change the interest rate?
||Yes. We can move the interest rate up or down at any time. We will notify you in advance and our terms and conditions explain how and when we will do this.
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based of a £1,000 deposit?
An illustration of the future balance is shown below.
||Gross* / AER**
||Balance at 12 months
This is an illustrative example assuming that:
- You don’t withdraw or deposit any additional money.
- The interest rate stays the same and is paid annually.
- Interest is calculated on a cleared deposit for a full 12 months.
|How do I open and manage my account?
- You can open an account by printing our online application form and posting it to CAF Bank Limited, 25 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4JQ.
- The product is only available to charitable organisations***.
- The minimum initial deposit is £1.
- The minimum account balance is £0.
- The account cannot have a balance of more than £1,500,000.
- You can manage the account by telephone, online or by post.
|Can I withdraw money?
- Yes, you can make withdrawals from this account to CAF Cash, or to your nominated UK bank account identified on your application form.
- There is no notice period for withdrawals under £250,000.
- You may need to provide seven calendar days’ notice for withdrawals or account closures of £250,000 or above
- You can close this account at any time.
- There is a 14 day cancellation period from account opening date during which the account can be closed without any charge.
- You can deposit money through any branch of HSBC or the counter service at any Royal Bank of Scotland branch in Scotland using a CAF Bank paying in slip.
- Interest is paid Gross*.
- Please read this summary in conjunction with the CAF Bank General Terms and Conditions and the CAF Gold Account – Account Terms.
Please note: New general terms and conditions are effective from
- Contact us if you have a
question about the CAF Gold Account or if you would like us to
send you an application form by email or post.
1 January 2017.
See our current interest
See our fees
*Gross means that interest will be paid without any deduction of tax. You are responsible for paying any tax due to HMRC.
**AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
***charitable organisations means organisations that are (a) registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland or (b) recognised by HMRC to have charitable status in the UK.
This product is provided by CAF Bank Ltd
CAF Bank Limited (CBL) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered office is 25 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4JQ. Registered under number 1837656. CBL is a subsidiary of Charities Aid Foundation (registered charity number 268369).
Protecting your money
Your eligible deposits with CAF Bank are protected up to a total of £
75,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered.
For more information on the scheme, view the FSCS leaflet or visit the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk.