Supporting the CAF Social Impact Fund
The CAF Social Impact Fund is an innovative way for CAF Charitable Trust clients to support charities who may not be able to access traditional sources of funding. They may be looking for working capital or a bridging loan – or simply a safety net to weather the unexpected.
Through the Fund we loan your money to charities, and when they repay it we loan it again and again, meaning your money has multiple impacts. It’s a great, alternative way to stretch your money further than through one-off donations.
Key benefits of investing in the CAF Social Impact Fund
- We find the investment opportunities, saving you time and money
- The Fund gives you access to smaller charities that are often hard to find and who struggle to secure mainstream loan finance
- Peace of mind that we carry out due diligence on each organisation
- You’ll receive regular update reports on charities that have benefited from the fund
- Your capital is invested again and again, so it can continue to make a difference
How it works
1. From your CAF Charitable Trust, you can commit £10,000 or more into the CAF Social Impact Fund.
2. After we’ve carried out rigorous due diligence and risk assessment, the full value of your investment is lent only to charities and social enterprises that deliver a clear social impact.
3. The charities use the capital to support their development, enabling them to achieve more impact.
4. The charity repays their loan, plus interest that pays for the administration of the CAF Social Impact Fund.
5. With the recycled capital we can lend to other charities, until the maturity of your commitment.
6. We expect to repay your commitment into your CAF Charitable Trust at maturity, for you to recommit or donate in whatever way you choose.
Current funders are being repaid in full and on time. However please note that social investment always carries some risk and so we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case.
How to support the CAF Social Impact Fund
For more details of how the fund works please download a brochure and the Terms and conditions.
If you’re interested in supporting the fund, please complete our online form or speak to one of our team by calling 03000 123 300.