Our grant programmes
We run grant programmes on a periodic basis. Each of our
funding programmes will have its own theme. We use our data,
research and understanding of the sector to develop the theme, then
invite organisations who fit the programme theme and criteria to
apply for grants. We do not accept unsolicited appeals for
We also manage grant programmes for companies, trusts and
foundations to support civil society organisations in the UK and
UK SAR Volunteer Training Fund
This fund is now open for applications - closing date 5pm Monday 19 December 2016.
Launched by the government in 2014, the UK SAR Volunteer Training Fund helps to ensure search and rescue volunteers can access the training they need by subsidising the related costs. The goal is to improve recruitment and retention rates in the sector, while also attracting further funding in the long term.
This help is available to applicants who meet a number of criteria, detailed here. You must, for example, demonstrate training quality, volunteer development and effective collaboration.
Download an application form today.
The following twenty five Search and Rescue organisations received funding through the second grant funding round:
• Association of Lowland Search & Rescue
• British Cave Rescue Council
• Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation
• Central Rescue UK
• Chalkwell Lifeguards
• Civil Aid Voluntary Rescue Association (CAVRA)
• Gosport And Fareham Inshore Rescue Service (GAFIRS)
• Hertfordshire Boat Rescue
• Maryport Rescue
• Mountain Rescue England and Wales
• The Royal Life Saving Society UK
• Runswick Bay Rescue Boat Association
• Scottish Mountain Rescue
• Seaford Lifeguards
• Serve On Ltd
• Severn Area Rescue Association (SARA)
• South Shields Volunteer Life Brigade
• South Worcester Lifesaving and Lifeguard Club: Flood Rescue Unit
• Surf Life Saving Cornwall
• Surf Life Saving Devon
• Tynemouth Volunteer Life Brigade
• Ulverston Inshore Rescue
• Watersafe UK Search and Rescue
• Wessex Flood Rescue Unit
• West Mercia Search and Rescue
CAF Advocacy for Development (A4D) Fund
The CAF Advocacy for Development (A4D) Fund is all about delivering one-off strategic grants to the organisations and projects that need it most.
CAF A4D supports opportunistic advocacy initiatives across the UK and Europe, with a primary focus on development issues in health and agriculture.
Once again, applicants must meet specific criteria to be considered. Most successful projects, for example, are shorter than one year, and only charitable organisations will be accepted.
The full criteria can be found here, along with our ‘Expression of Interest’ form.